Good topics for a descriptive essay?
Topic: Good topics for a descriptive essay?
June 27, 2019 / By Annamaria Question:
i have to make a 3 min descriptive essay presentation for my college english class..any good ideas on what topic i can write about? thanks...
Best Answers: Good topics for a descriptive essay?
Woodrow | 2 days ago
Pick a how-to subject. For example, how to choose a new wardrobe for the season, how to cook your favorite dish, describe the process step by step, this will give you interesting and concrete ideas to talk about!
👍 192 | 👎 2
Did you like the answer? Good topics for a descriptive essay?
Share with your friends
Originally Answered: ♥What are some good topics for a persuasive essay?
The important thing is that you have to choose what is important to YOU. What do YOU feel passionate about? If it's important to you then you'll be able to write about why.
If you don't care about the subject, why should anyone else?
Anything can be described, a view, a taste, a smell, a sound, anything. The best descriptive subjects are usually views described so well that the reader can clearly picture it in his/her mind. I remember a summer day in the country not so long ago. It was warm, about 85, I think and the sky was that gorgeous chicory blue, not dark blue, but a light blue just a little lighter than royal blue. There was a breeze which kind of pushed cottonball clouds across the sky, and spread the sweet smell of honeysuckle through all the open windows of the house..... No doubt you can do better. Involve all the senses and use imagery to enhance the word description you're creating on paper. Start from a specific point and work your way around the landscape until you reach the focal point of your essay. Have fun.
👍 80 | 👎 -5
Imagine a character/ scene in your head and describe it with sensory info. Include metaphors, similies, and allusions. If you include all of this, there is no way you can get less than a B on the paper.
👍 79 | 👎 -12
That's a good one for me to answer. Write about a funny, scary, or even a humiliating experience, you can always describe things a lot about those.
👍 78 | 👎 -19
Describe a desirable male. Someone you could see yourself with.
Dont be general like typical attractions... mention alot of detail, all the small things.
👍 77 | 👎 -26
Originally Answered: what are good topics for a persuasive essay?
Heres a few:
Politics (kinda boring subject though.)
Animal testing (Either way, if you thinks its bad or good.)
Smoking (An age that you have to be before you start)
Lowering the age for driving
Raising the age for driving
lowering the age for drinking
raising the age for drinking
Hope I helped :)
* Should we do more to deal with the problem of domestic violence, or is the problem exaggerated?
* We are becoming overwhelmingly dependent on computers. Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspicious of their benefits?
* Is there too much of commercialism in the Internet?
* Technology makes communication easier in today's world. Many people choose to work at home in front of a computer screen. What danger does the society face depending on computer screens rather than face-to-face contact as the main means of communication? Are we the prisoners of the progress?
* Should the animals be used for scientific research? Is it humanly?
* Should the cigarettes smoking be banned as heroin consumption?
* Should drivers of automobiles be prohibited from using cellular phones?
* Should restrictions be placed on the use of mobile phones in public areas like restaurants and theaters?
* Shall we integrate from Marketing to E-Marketing?
* Should the death penalty be mandatory for people that kill other people?
* Should the "Right to Die" be Considered a Right?
* What are two sides of the death penalty? Is it a cruel murderer or a just punishment? Can it be a deterrent to crime?
* Should animal experimentation be permitted?
* Euthanasia as a way of relieving ill people's pain and save them from the tortures of their illness. Do we have the right to take people's life, if after all life is the greatest charisma?
* Forests are the lungs of the earth. Should the rain forests destruction be prohibited? How is it possible to protect forests?
* Should there still be colleges and schools just for men/boys and some just for women/girls?
* Should sex education be increased in schools in an attempt to curb problems such as teenage pregnancy?
* Considering in detail the opposing arguments presented by Plato and Nafisi, when is censorship necessary given the nature of knowledge and reality?
* The 1920's was a leisurely period in history and people began spending more time playing and observing sports. Who were the major contributors to this "Golden age" of sports and what influence, if any, did they have on future athletes and the sports they played?
* Human beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substances. A vegetarian diet is as healthy as a diet containing meat. Argue for or against the opinion above.
* What do you think about vegetarians? Are they people who care for animals and want to protect them or people lacking the adequate ration?
* What are some of the best ways to welcome and then assimilate immigrants into American life? What are the pros and cons of each of these?
* Domestic workers: How these women are treated or mistreated by their employers. The problems they face with inequality in the workplace, most of these women come from different countries and do not speak the language or know their own rights.
* Advertising: Information or Manipulation?
* To what extent has the traditional male role changed in the last 20 years?
* Education is an indivisible part of the prosperity of the nation. The more educated and cultured people there are in the country the more flourishing and thrifty the country is. Comment on this issue, argument your decision
* Should society assume more responsibility for pregnant teenagers and children they bear?
* The mass media, including TV, radio, newspapers have a great influence on people and especially on the younger generation. It plays an important role in shaping the opinions and positions of the younger generation. Argue for or against this statement.