I need math wizards help with 2 problems on my sons homework.?

I need math wizards help with 2 problems on my sons homework.? Topic: I need math wizards help with 2 problems on my sons homework.?
June 18, 2019 / By Andrea
Question: Problem 1: 2months=____year Problem 2:Mrs. Williams brought a skirt on sale for $36. The skirt was discounted 25%. What was the regular price of the skirt? Please Show work so I will know how to help my son. ASAP!
Advertisement
Best Answer

Best Answers: I need math wizards help with 2 problems on my sons homework.?

Westley Westley | 8 days ago
Im no math wizard but these are proportion questions. The first one is quite simple. 2 months = 2/12 of a year ( two months out of 12 months which is a year) and you simplify it to get 1/6. The answer is 1/6 year...or in decimal form is about .17 year. The next question is a little harder. If the skirt is discounted 25% that means that the other 75% is the price of the skirt. So what I did was set up a proportion equation. 75/100=36/x (75/100 is 75% of the price of the skirt which is what is left over after the discount. ) when you cross multiply you get 75x=3600 which equals $48. So the answer is $48.
👍 124 | 👎 8
Did you like the answer? I need math wizards help with 2 problems on my sons homework.? Share with your friends
Westley Originally Answered: i need math wizards! whats 80 % and 20% of 2/3 CUP?
80% of (2/3)c = .80 * (2/3) = 0.53333333333333 = 8 / 15 cup (or a little less than half a cup) or about 8 tablespoons. 20% of (2/3)c = .2 * (2/3) = 0.13333333333333 = 2/15 cup Since 1 tbsp = 1/16 of a cup.. You are looking at about 2 tablespoons.

Sammy Sammy
2 months = __ year 12 months in a year 2/12 = .161616 rounded to nearest 100th 2 months = .16 of one year Skirt = $36.00 Discout of 25% 36.00= N x 25% 36=N x 25 divided by 25 36 divided by 25 = N $1.44 = N (financial discount) Regular price: 36.00 - 1.44= $35.66
👍 40 | 👎 1

Naftali Naftali
The discounted price is 3/4 of the regular. 1-.25 25%=0.25 the regular price is 4/3 of the discounted. $36x4/3=$47.88 3/4x4/3=1 1 is the original price, to get the original price back, you multiply by the reciprocal (flip it upside down) of the discounted price's fraction of the original price the discounted price is 3/4 of the original, so you must multiply by 4/3( or 1.33)
👍 33 | 👎 -6

Kenrick Kenrick
1) 1/6 of a year 1 year=12 months 2 months/12 months reduces to 1/6 2)set it up like this: original price.....$36 ------------------ = ------------ 100.....................75 (ignore the dots, they are for formatting purposes) then cross multiply and voila 75o=3600 o=3600/75 o=48 soooo the original price is $48
👍 26 | 👎 -13

Hopkin Hopkin
1. 1/6 There are 12 months in a year. 2 months is how many they want to know equal how much of a year. 12/2=6 theres 6 2's in 12. 222222. thats 1/6 2. eh look below their right vvv
👍 19 | 👎 -20

Elwood Elwood
problem 1: 2 months = 1/6 of a year..if that's what you mean...2/12, simplify it, and you get 1/6 Problem 2: no idea
👍 12 | 👎 -27

Clemmie Clemmie
2 months = _____ year there are 12 months in a year 2 / 12 1/6 lowest common denominator As for the skirt - If it was $49 - 25 % of that is $36.75 - don't know how exact you are looking for! Good Luck
👍 5 | 👎 -34

Clemmie Originally Answered: Can someone please help me with 3 math homework problems? So confused!?
1. Draw a square representing the universe (81 cities in this case) Draw three circles (within the square) intersecting each other representing football (F), soccer (S) and basketball (B) The area common to all the three circles F S B represents the cities having all three (=4 in this case) Area common to F and S represents cities having football and Soccer teams (including those having all three). This = 9. therefore cities having exclusive soccer and football = 9-4=5 (4 having all three) Likewise, S & B common area = 8. Exclusive S & B = 8 - 4=4 and F & B common area = 12, giving exclusive F & B = 12 - 4 = 8 This is the first of the answers. Total of these areas gives the no. of teams having exactly 2 teams = 5+4+8=17 second answer is already worked out above as S & F excluding the common to three = 5 2. As in the previous question, here you draw the square representing the universe (100 inhabitants in this case) Draw three intersecting circles within the square, to represent people liking Betty's (B) Stella's (S) and Larry's (L). Fill in the figures for respective areas, at times deducing from the logic given (like in the previous example). The answer would be found by the number representing the area of the square outside all the three circles. shout for help if you cannot do it
Advertisement

If you have your own answer to the question I need math wizards help with 2 problems on my sons homework.?, then you can write your own version, using the form below for an extended answer.