Is this true or false? (Homework help)?
Topic: Is this true or false? (Homework help)?
June 24, 2019 / By Annita Question:
1.The prime factors of 15 are 1, 3, and 5.
2.The product of any two numbers is composite.
3.All even numbers are composite.
4.The product of any two prime numbers is always odd.
Please help me I really appreaciate it.
Best Answers: Is this true or false? (Homework help)?
Yahweh | 5 days ago
1- True- all those numbers divide 15 exactly without leaving a remainder (that's what a prime factor does).
2- True- any even number plus another even number means it is divisible by 2.
3- False. 2 is an even number and this is prime, because it is only divisible by itself, so it's not composite.
4- False. For example, 3+5= 8. 8 is even.
The only really tricky bit here is that 2 is prime, whereas every OTHER even number is not, because every other even number after is ALWAYS divisible by 2 as well as itself and 1.
Hope that makes sense.
👍 218 | 👎 5
Did you like the answer? Is this true or false? (Homework help)?
Share with your friends
Originally Answered: Are these myths true or false?
Note: a lot of this stuff is opinion
1. Human intuition is remarkably accurate and free from error
False - you can program equations that will beat intuition on almost any topic
2. Most people seem to lack confidence in the accuracy of their beliefs.
False - I'm an atheist, and it seems that everyone confidently believes in crazy stuff
3. Case studies are particularly useful because of the similarities we all share.
Depends a lot on the topic, I might go with True for the most part
4.The opinions of 1500 randomly selected people can provide a very accurate picture of the opinions of an entire nation.
True - small surveys are remarkably accurate. You can prove it with equations.
5. As a science, psychology is objective and value-free.
False - It isn't, but in theory it should be. We just don't know enough yet.
6. A small amount of brain tissue from a person cannot be distinguished from that of a monkey.
True - it has the same structure, so my macroscopic tests it would be undistinguishable
7. Electrically stimulating a cat’s brain at a certain point can cause the animal to cower in terror in the presence of a small mouse.
I have no idea
8. We ordinarily use only 10 percent of our brains.
I have heard several different numbers, but this seems plausible
9. Some people can write but are unable to read.
True - I believe these processes use different parts of the brain.
10.If a blind person uses one finger to read Braille, the brain area dedicated to that finger expands.
Is the product of 7 and 1 prime?
2 is a prime number.
1 is not a prime number. Therefore, it cannot be a prime factor.
👍 90 | 👎 -2
1) False- The number is neither prime, nor composite. But otherwise, three and five are the prime numbers from fifteens.
2) False- One times one is one. One isn't composite. Zero times zero is zero. Zero is neither prime nor composite.
3) False- The number two is even. But it's prime. It can't be factored.
4) False- The product of two and three is six. Two and three are both prime numbers. They can't be factored. But when you multipply them, you get an even number.
👍 86 | 👎 -9
1. True; though you forgot 15
2. True; a composite is a number that you can divide out of
3. True; except maybe 2
4. True; just try it
👍 82 | 👎 -16